When you decide to leave or the school term is up and you are heading back home it can be a very stressful time. Here are a few suggestions to ensure you don’t forget something:
- Contact phone service provider and the hydro company one week prior to your move out so they will turn off all utilities (leave them a forwarding address for final billing)
- If you have cable TV, one month's notice is required
- Leave your accommodation in good condition
- Personally deliver the keys to the accommodation to the Landlord.
- Leave a forwarding address for mail with your landlord; also fill out a change of address card at any post office for re-routing your mail for four months